Today, I would like to share how I made my lipstick organizer. Thanks to Enkore Makeup! :) I watched the youtube tutorial and finally decided to make my own. I changed some of the materials needed and ignored some steps. Enkore's version was to use a carton from cereal boxes and/or soda. In my version, I used a box that I used for moving which I bought from Home Depot. I believe that using box flaps are more sturdier. :) I also changed the measurements based on my needs. My lipsticks weren't that organized prior to making this brilliant idea. ;) I have an Helmer Drawer from Ikea and let me tell you guys, this is by far the best make up organizer I've ever had! I also bought the Antonius Basket Inserts (it's supposed to be for the Antonius Wire Basket) for the rest of my Helmer Drawers. I loveeeee it!!
Now, let's proceed to this project:
Let's start shall we?
(By the way, this took me 6 hours to make so be prepared, unless I'm just really really slow) LOL!
- Box : Cut the flaps in long and short pieces
- 8 long pieces (15.4X 2.3 inches)
- 15 short pieces (9X 2.3 inches)
(the measurements shown above is for an Helmer Drawer, feel free to change the measurements according to your space or drawer size)
-Make squares that are 1 inch apart for both long and short pieces.
- From the edge of the piece, measure 1 inch and draw a straight line.
- Cut the squares to the point where you've drawn the line. Tip: make the slits wider than the one shown below. It will be easier for you to assemble it later. Trust me.
*Picture shown below is a short piece*
- Draw triangles in between the lines (top and bottom for long and short pieces)
*You can skip this step if you do not want your pieces to look like a picket fence*
- Cut the triangles in between.
Now, you have pieces that looks like a picket fence. :)
- Insert them into their slots.
It actually feels good to do this by myself. I was gonna ask my bf to do it for me but decided not to. Hehe
Have fun making your own lipstick organizer! :) Hope this post helped a lot! :D