Monday, July 16, 2012

DIY: Lipstick Organizer


Today, I would like to share how I made my lipstick organizer. Thanks to Enkore Makeup! :) I watched the youtube tutorial and finally decided to make my own. I changed some of the materials needed and ignored some steps. Enkore's version was to use a carton from cereal boxes and/or soda. In my version, I used a box that I used for moving which I bought from Home Depot. I believe that using box flaps are more sturdier. :) I also changed the measurements based on my needs. My lipsticks weren't that organized prior to making this brilliant idea. ;) I have an Helmer Drawer from Ikea and let me tell you guys, this is by far the best make up organizer I've ever had! I also bought the Antonius Basket Inserts  (it's supposed to be for the Antonius Wire Basket) for the rest of my Helmer Drawers. I loveeeee it!!

Now, let's proceed to this project:

Let's start shall we? 
(By the way, this took me 6 hours to make so be prepared, unless I'm just really really slow) LOL! 

Materials Needed:
- Box : Cut the flaps in long and short pieces
- 8 long pieces (15.4X 2.3 inches)
- 15 short pieces (9X 2.3 inches)
(the measurements shown above is for an Helmer Drawer, feel free to change the measurements according to your space or drawer size) 
- Scissors
- Ruler
- Pen/Sharpie

 Step 1:
-Make squares that are 1 inch apart for both long and short pieces. 
- From the edge of the piece, measure 1 inch and draw a straight line. 
- Cut the squares to the point where you've drawn the line. Tip: make the slits wider than the one shown below. It will be easier for you to assemble it later. Trust me.

*Picture shown below is a short piece*
 Step 2:
- Draw triangles in between the lines (top and bottom for long and short pieces)
*You can skip this step if you do not want your pieces to look like a picket fence*



Step 3:
- Cut the triangles in between. 

Now, you have pieces that looks like a picket fence. :)


Step 4:
- Insert them into their slots.




Voila!



It actually feels good to do this by myself. I was gonna ask my bf to do it for me but decided not to. Hehe 

Have fun making your own lipstick organizer! :) Hope this post helped a lot! :D



70 comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by! :)

  1. Wow this is so creative! you did a fab job ^^ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so time consuming but the end result is sooo worth it. You've inspired me to reorganise my lip products! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is time consuming hehe.. And I agree that's worth it.. ;) You should make one too!

      Delete
  3. This is such a good idea! And it looks fab :D xox

    http://www.thestylekhaleesi.com/2012/07/revlon-just-bitten-kissable-balm-stain.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good idea!!! I want to try it now! lol
    I'm a new follower!

    If you have time could you check out/comment/follow my blog please?
    http://mindy13579.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, dear! You've inspired me to reorganize my lipstick collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girly! How have u been?? And thanks! Hurry make one! ehhehe ;)

      Delete
  6. This is such a good idea, and so affordable! Well done, it looks great xx

    http://sophiaxblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I was just thinking the other day that I needed something like this while I was rummaging through my mke-up bag and couldn't find the lipstick I was after. Cool! Disappointed to hear about your failed attempt at trying to go for cheaper skincare products in a previous post too :-(
    mucho squee from a new follower!
    Kimmy
    http://tocreoquekim.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) About the cheaper skincare products, yep! :(

      Delete
  8. great project...if only i had this much lipstick. What a fun collection to have.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great diy post! I don't own that many lipsticks but I think it would be SUPER fun for nail polishes :)

    Caitlin
    http://charmcolorfully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, there. i have so many lipsticks that i forget i have because i put them in ziplock bags and i don't have time to go through the colors. great lipstick organizer that i can make myself. :)

    hope all's well with you!

    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Definitely u need to make one of these for your lipsticks.. ;)

      Delete
  11. How creative! I don't have that many lipsticks, but this is a good idea for people who do.
    Cheap Makeup Reviews | Beauty, Fashion and Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you have so many lipsticks and this idea is just perfect to organize them all ! I do not wear lipstick, so I'll just have to pass on this, but it sure is cool !

    Love,

    S

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing idea! Will deffo be trying this! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So awesome. I may have to try this...although I def do NOT have as many lipsticks as you.

    I am jealous...

    flouncesandhubbub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't be. My bf is already mad at me having this much..lolol

      Delete
  15. Ingenious, I desperately need something to organise all my lipsticks, usually they just end up littering all the insides of my handbags!! :D

    http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love organisers!

    I did a similiar one with a Glossy Box and it looks perfect and handy!!!
    Yours looks awesome btw!

    xx
    http://headsandnails.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep my little knick knacks in my Glossy Box.. :D

      Delete
  17. Looks amazing! I definitely need to do this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa 6 hours!? Well, I think it was worth it. It looks great and those things are pretty expensive to buy so definitely worth the time. I may have to try it.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative and useful. It shows your lipstick collection off perfectly :0) Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omigosh, I love it! It turned out so great.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow so creative. luvin the idea!
    luv your blog, new follower x
    jennimystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi hun, new follower here! This is such a good DIY. You are a very patient person, I don't think I could handle 6hrs making something lol. BTW you have a lot of lippies!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi this is a beautiful blog.. keep blogging..... hey i was thinking if we can follow each other... follow me so that i can also follow you...
    hope to see you soon on my blog..

    regards,
    www.poetashwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, this is so cool! i've been trying to find a perfect lipstick holder for so long and i think i'll probably do this :)
    thanks so much for sharing!

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. hey.. thanks for visiting my blog....now following you...

    regards,,
    www.poetashwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So creative! great idea!!
    Have a nice day!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love this! such an amazing way to organize lipsticks :) thanks for that!

    Hope you have a fab day hun! ~ xx
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow omg this is such a great idea!! So inspiring! love your blog...following you...maybe you could follow back :) love from Ireland xox

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so trying that out ! Awesome idea ^^

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such an amazing idea! I'll definitely be doing it!

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a great idea to keep it all organized!! I just throw all mine into a makeup bag, this is a way more efficient.

    Love & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow! such a great idea, you should patent this otherwise you`ll see those organizers everywhere on ebay next week:) great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL i would but this isn't really my original idea.. ;) <3 Thanks though! :D

      Delete
  33. what a great idea, don't know if I could do it, but I am def. going to remember this! Am following you. I just started out, come on over, follow back if you like,
    xx
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks really nice!
    I'll definitely try it!


    myobsession-l.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I ♥ reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by! :)