Saturday, June 23, 2012

REVIEW: Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Two weeks ago, I went to my local drugstore and bought a new cleanser, cream and toner. I wanted to get a cheaper alternative for my skincare regimen. 

Left to Right: Pond's Clarant B3, Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner, Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
 After 2 days of using all these products, I started to develop red bumps on my face. I was thinking that this should be normal since my skin is getting used to the products and will eventually subside. I guess I was wrong. :( 10 days later, a lot more came out. So I was thinking it was either the toner or cream that's causing this. I ruled out Purpose because it's such a gentle wash. I stopped using the cream and toner and decided to finish my old cleanser (philosophy purity) and since it was too late for me to go out and buy a night cream, I was lucky enough I've gotten the philosophy take a deep breath sample from myglam. That night, I washed my face with my old cleanser, used my juju aloe toner and tried out the sample cream. Voila! The next day, the red bumps were half gone! I was surprised! So I kept using my philosophy cleanser until the bottle was empty. Yes, my face started to clear up and I'm a happy duck again. Last night, I started using the Purpose cleanser again and to my surprise the next day, I had those red bumps again! Oh my! I found the culprit! It was the Purpose Cleanser!!! I was shocked because I've read a lot of great reviews about this product. It's gentle for your skin and it's dermatologist recommended. Also, the price is great! ($4)
Purpose Cleanser = :((((
I'm sorry that I have to post my nasty cheek (also have the same amount of red bumps on my other cheek). I just wanted to show you guys how bad it is. I've never had a skin reaction in my life like this before. I am devastated!

Today, I went to Sephora to purchase philosophy Purity and also bought the full size of philosophy take a deep breath cream. I am quite scared of trying new skincare products right now after this incident.

My Rating:
 0 dumpling 

Again, this is my opinion. I've had a bad experience with this product. You may have a different opinion with this cleanser. Anyone with a good experience with this facial cleanser then I'm happy that it worked out well for you.

8 comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by! :)

  1. oh no sorry to hear it didn't work for you. make sure to check out my $50 gift card giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you! I hope your skin is much better now!

    Kisses,
    Simone

    geewrite! | Follow me | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my skin is getting better..but still have some bumps..

      Delete
  3. Glad you found out what was wrong ! Maybe u should stick to your regular tried n tested products !
    Keep Smiling:D
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea.. i'm definitely sticking to my old regimen.. :)

      Delete
  4. i wanted to try it.... but i guess not. hope your skin is okay now. :)

    have a lovely rest of the wk!! :)



    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexmommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sooo sad.. :( i still have a few bumps here and there..

      Delete

Post a Comment

I ♥ reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by! :)