I noticed I haven't posted anything about cooking/recipes here yet. :)
I've been in a cooking mood lately so earlier I pulled up this recipe online. I've been oggling at this pasta for months now on Pinterest. I looked for the recipe on Google and voila I was off to the market to get the ingredients.
I got the recipe from here. Thanks to this website for the recipe. ;)
♥ PENNE PASTA with SUN-DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE:
- 2 cups (8 oz) dry penne pasta
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (12 fl oz) can Nestle Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian-style four-cheese blend ( I used the five-cheese blend instead..)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. (I like mine al dente ;) )
- Add sun-dried tomatoes to boiling pasta water for the last two minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Combine evaporated milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder and ground pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. ( I overcooked mine so it looked clumpy on the picture. Haha!)
- Remove from heat and add the pasta and sun-dried tomatoes the the sauce.
- Stir and enjoy! :P
That was our lovely lunch earlier. Overall, I love how it turned out. It was so creamy and delicious!
PS: Currently, I am trying to organize my posts. I wonder if you have noticed that there are tabs now located at the top of this page. ;) It's a lot of organizing to do! :P